Sunday, March 6, 2011

"The Dirty Parts of the Bible"

I finished The Dirty Parts of the Bible the other day. Although it's not the most amazing novel I have ever read, it is funny and a delightful distraction from the depressing books on my homework list. The novel, according to the author, combines the Book of Tobit and his grandparents courtship. There is a great reference to the Biblical Song of Solomon. The author actually fit the comparison between deer and breasts into the story. I am glad I read it and have recommended the novel to others.

An amazing novel I finished for a class is Remainder, but that will take a blog entry of it's own. If anyone is out there actually reading this, which I doubt, I encourage you to read this novel. It's weird and amazing, and not like anything I've read, yet like everything. It has tons of Biblical references but you have to pay attention. Honestly, I am going to have to read this book at least two more times before I am happy. This book will leave you dizzy; as if you have been going around in figure eights. (You will understand that reference if you read it).

I need to get back to preparing for midterms. Good journeys.

No comments:

Post a Comment